Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Ponders of a Weird Mind (Mine)

Have you ever noticed that you think of great ideas when it's the most inopportune times? Usually when you don't have access to a computer. My ideas usually come to me when I'm driving down the road. Figures. And since I have my 4 year old with me, the idea never stays long enough for me to complete it. Today is actually an exception to this for a change. I heard on the radio about someone needing someone to do some work from home and this is a local gentleman. He needs a few odd jobs done, typing, editing, answering phones when he's gone, things like that. I thought to myself, "I can do that." So when I got home I called him. We hit off as if we've known each other for years. He'd say an idea he wanted to do and I'd come back with a way to make it just a little bit better, or he'd enhance an idea I had. It's funny how things like that work. I know God had a hand in this and this is why. I was almost home when I heard his ad, and the only time I really listen to the radio is when I'm driving. Come to find out, he had tried to send his ad by email twice and both times it was returned to him because it couldn't be delivered. He told me he figured he'd get a busy signal when he tried to call, but the call went through without a problem and I actually had a piece of paper to write his number down on. See, things can work out so right when God has a hand in things.

Here's some more good news. I actually got paid for working on a friends computer. It wasn't much, but the fact that I did is enough for me. At least for right now. One day, maybe I'll have my own computer shop open and get to do this all the time. I love tearing things apart to see if I can put it back together just to see how it works.

I'm going for now. I really need to clean this house. I hope and pray you have a great day and may God shower his blessings on you and your family.

No comments: