Saturday, September 25, 2004

Okay, I'm bored!!!

I'm sitting here at 1:00 in the morning when I should be asleep. I've been trying to come up with some crafts that might sell on my site. I've found a few and have asked a few friends to check them out and give me their thoughts on the subject. Hopefully before too long, I'll have tons of craft items for sell on my site.

I don't know if you have seen my page of crafts for sale yet, but today I called the local radio station and asked if someone would be willing to donate some time and help me do some cross stitch. I actually got a response. Let me explain about the station first. Every morning, except Sunday, the have a program called The Classifieds. That's where people can call and let people know what they have for sell or what they are looking for. It's a great station and I listen most mornings. (Plus I know the DJ's and want to support them by listening.) Anyway back to the original story. A woman called and volunteered to help do this, but she wanted me to understand that she had never done cross stitch before. I told her I would teach her to do this. To me, it's a very simple thing to do. (If you can sew, you can do cross stitch.) Not only is she wanting to help, but so is her mom, her sister, and her next door neighbor, she just got volunteered to do the calling.

I swear, she and I talked for over 2 hours. Come to find out, she has all kinds of contacts in town here and not only is she going to help with the crafts, but she's going to help get this program on it's feet. She knows people that should be willing to help me raise funds to turn this into a non-profit organization. I know the Lord was watching out for me, that's the only thing I can figure. I mean, what are the odds that the one person that calls would have so many contacts? We plan to meet Tuesday and discuss tactics to see what should and can be done. I am so thrilled to have met her. I've been thanking God for her all day.

Anyway, that's all that has happened here today. I'll keep you abreast on what happens between the two of us. Please keep me and this program in your prayers.

May God always bless you and your family!!!

No comments: