Saturday, March 27, 2004

It's hard to believe...

March is almost over. Next week my oldest son will be out of school. It won't be long before he's out for the summer. It seems like time is flying faster and faster each year.

Anyway, I want to tell you about what is going on with my program. I've had two different people offer me some graphics. One guy is willing to draw some by hand and mail them to me. I can't wait until I get it so I can show you his work. The other person is going to send me some clipart for this. I think this is great. I get so tired of seeing the same old pictures all the time. I've been doing the page for April and have mailed it off to the places they are supposed to go to. There are times I wish I could see the children's faces as they recieve the pages I send them, but I understand why they have the rules they do. The children are much more important that me in this situation. I know they enjoy them, I only wish I could do more. These children have suffered so much already. I wish I could take away all the pain and suffering that they have to go through. It's not fair that these children have to go through what they do in the hopes that something will either cure them or at least stop or slow down the disease that is robbing them of a long life. There is no way I can understand what they or their parents are going through. I've never been through it. Yes my nephew has cancer, but that is not the same thing as it being my own child. Don't get me wrong, I love my nephew, but I imagine that it is different for a parent to be going through something like this instead of an aunt. I hope that's make sense to you.

Yes, I'm in one of my moods. It's almost midnight here and I'm sitting up watching this show about mistreated animals. It makes me sick to know that people can mistreat children or animals. They can't defend themselves. They depend on us to defend them. At least a dog can bite when mistreated. A child can't do that. Why would someone hurt a child? Children are a gift! A blessing! They are all so precious. Even when mine misbehave, I love them. I may spank them for being bad, but I would never hurt them like I see sometimes on TV. I do not verbally abuse my children. In some ways that is worse than physical abuse. At least a beating will stop hurting, verbal abuse can stay with a child for the rest of their lives. I don't get it. I guess this is one of those things that I will never understand.

Anyway, I'm going to stop for now and try to get some sleep. I hope you have a good weekend.

God's blessings to you always.

No comments: