Sunday, March 07, 2004

About something else

I just found out the other day that one of the students in Devin's grade lost his father Wednesday night. The father had a heart attach. Devin's been asking a lot of different question about death. He has seen it before but this is the first time it's actually hit so close to home. My husband and I waited to have children and now he worries that something will happen to us. How do I explain in a way that makes him feel better? He asked everyone at church to pray for this boy and his family, and I know it takes a lot of courage to stand up before everyone and say anything, yet here is a 7 year old doing what some adults have a hard time doing. I'm very proud of him for that fact. He's a good boy. I just don't want him worriing about something that we have no control over.

If you think about it, say a prayer for this boy and his family as well. I can only imagine how it must feel to loose a parent so young.

God's blessings on you.

No comments: