Sunday, January 11, 2004

What will it take?

What will it take to get people to give to this program? These children I send to really need this. I know it's not much. It's not a non-profit organization. It's not a cure. It won't heal them, but it does touch their heart. I does let them know that they are being thought about! It lets them know that they are loved! But my biggest hope is that it does bring a smile to their faces!

I really want to know, what will it take?

I can only imagine what they are going through. I don't know what it's like to lay in a hospital bed day after day, praying for a cure, praying for the pain to go away. I won't say that I do. But that is why I started this program, to hopeful make them, if not forget, then at least not mind as much, at least for a little while.

I sit here and think about these children sometimes and wonder what they think about. What thoughts go their minds. Have you ever done that? Try to put yourself in someelse's shoe's?

Children are out hope for the future. I'm reminded of that everyday as I watch my own children. I look at how things are now and how I remember them as a child myself. There's so much more hate a violence now. I don't remember it being this bad as a child. Going to school, I didn't have to worry about someone coming in to my school and shooting me or one of my friends. What have we, as adults, done to our children that would make them do such things? Because if you sit down and look at things, children aren't born with this kind of knowledge, it is taught to them by adults, by us! What are we doing different? Are we not showing them as much love, not letting them know we care? What? I really want to know!!! I walk around and look at these children today, and there is such hopelessness in their eyes. Have we become so caught up in our own lives that we've forgotten to teach them the most important things in live? How to dream, love, hope? Even imagination seems to be coming a thing of the past. Each child today is being taught to not be different. Like they're supposed to all be stamped from the same mold. They're not like that! We're not like that! Each person if unique. Each person is special. But it seems we've forgotten this rule. Why?

No comments: