Thursday, January 15, 2004

Just looking around

I got an email from UNICEF just the other day. I've been asking around trying to find related sites that I could place a link for and they responded, needless to say. After who doesn't want links to their site, most especially if it's a one way link.

I never really knew exactly what UNICEF did until I went to their website. They make sure all children get what we sometimes consider basic human needs. If I need to get my children immunized, I either go to the health department or go to my doctor. A lot of the children they help don't have that option. That is just one way they help children. There are too many to name.

It's things like this that make me realize that I need to keep this program going. Children all over the world need to know that they are loved, that people care for them. UNICEF has a line on their page that says, "We believe that nurturing and caring for children are the cornerstones of human progress." That is such a true statement. We all say that children are the hope for the future, yet they are the most exploited, the most abused. Why is it so hard for some people to love children, these little bundles come into the world so full of love. We as adults are responsible for the raising of children. We can either teach them hate and fear, or we can teach them love and acceptance. The choice is ours.

My children think nothing of saying to someone that they love them, or that they missed them. They know that they are loved, they don't have to question that fact. Even when I have to correct them for something, they know I love them. It kills me that all children can't know that feeling, they can't know that they are loved and cared for.

If you have children, let them know that you love them, let them know that you will be there for them. I can quarantee that any love you give to a child will be returned 100 fold.

God's blessings to you and your family.

No comments: