Sunday, January 18, 2004

I'm just keeping touch.

Nothing really happened today. I went to church, came home, fixed something for everyone to eat, and went back to church. Pretty normal day. The thing is, I like going to church. I like to worship God. I was listening to Paul Harvey a couple of weeks ago and heard about a church in Texas, I think, that was having a contest. It was opened to members and visitors alike. The person who came to the most services won something. The gentleman won a Harley, the lady won a PT Cruiser.

I don't understand this reasoning. To me, going to church it reward enough. I get to worship God. I get to feel the love he has for me. It's a shame churches feel that they have to have contests like this just to get people to come to church. My church just celebrated it's first year of being open. That was the singing I told you about yesterday. On average, we only have 16 people, but I don't see my pastor doing something like this just to get people to come here. And to tell you the truth, if he did, I'd probably leave and go to another church.

Don't misunderstand me, I have nothing against this other church. I don't even know which one it is or what demonination it is. I'm just stating my opinion.

The closest I've come to having a contest like this is about Easter. The contest was who could bring the most visitors during a certain time frame. And sometimes, because of this we got more people to become members that might not have been originally. I never really participated in this contest because the woman that usually won the contest need the prize more than I did. I was always glad when she won. Plus I liked to see the church building full during this time.

Why don't people want to go to church? Don't they understand that God loves them? I get such a warm feeling when I go to church. I enjoy feeling the love from the other people there. I enjoy seeing the way God moves and touches people's lives. I've seen things that would surprise you. People who could only walk around with canes, were able to run the isles. I've seen people get so close to God that they were having their own private conversation with Him. I've seen people cured of cancer and other diseases. There is nothing God can't do. After all he made us, why can't He heal our bodies?

I didn't mean to go on like this, I just don't understand some people's reasonings.

Anyway, I hope God always watches over you and my He bless you and keep you safe.

No comments: